Standard Conditions for Hire of The Barnwood Reading Room.
(If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of the following, then please contact the Trustees prior to the hire period)
1. The Hirer will, during the period of the hire, be responsible for supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care and safety. Any damage however slight or changes of any sort must be reported to the Trustees.
2. The Hirer is responsible for any minor damage/breakages to the building or its contents. Such damage/breakages would include furniture, crockery & windows. All damage must be reported and the costs of repair/replacement will be borne by the Hirer by a deduction from their deposit or additional charges at the discretion of the Trustees.
3. The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that all persons using the building observe terms of the Health & Safety Act. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to see that all persons behave in a reasonable manner in all parts of the building and grounds including proper supervision of car-parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway. Smoking is not permitted within the building or grounds.
4. If the Hirer cancels the booking before the date of the event a full refund will be given if this is either 30 days before the hire date or less if the Trustees are able to obtain a replacement booking.
5. The Hirer shall ensure the building and surrounds are left in a clean and tidy condition and must ensure the removal of their own rubbish to be disposed off site. Failure to do so may result in the retention of the deposit and/or an additional charge.
6. The Trustees reserve the right to cancel a hiring in the event of the room being required for use as a polling station for a parliamentary or local government election or by-election, in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any money already paid.
7. In the event of the hall or any part being rendered unfit for the purpose for which it has been hired the Trustees shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or costs incurred.
8. The Hirer will ensure that no items such as pictures, posters or banners are stuck to the walls. The display boards can be used.
9. The Hirer shall not allow the sale of any alcoholic drinks unless they have obtained an occasional Licence to cover such sale.
10. The Hirer may, subject to the following conditions, independently hire a small bouncy castle to use in the rear garden. No internal use is allowed. The Hirer is fully responsible for its use and operation and the Trustees accept no responsibility for its use or any consequences of its use. However the following conditions must be met:
- The supplier has public liability insurance cover of a minimum of £5 million
- The equipment must be erected and taken down by the supplier
- The equipment is only used in accordance with the supplier’s instructions
11. The premises must be vacated by 11pm at the latest and in a quiet and orderly manner.
12.The Hirer is responsible for leaving the premises properly locked and secured. All gas and electric appliances must be turned off before securing the building and the Hirer must return the keys by posting them through the post box by the front door unless instructed otherwise. PLEASE DO NOT SWITCH OFF THE BOILER.
13.The hire charge is payable 7 days in advance of the event.
14. A minimum deposit of £40.00 will be required for each booking payable on the day by card or cheque. This will be fully refunded after the hire if there are no costs in terms of breakages or damage.
15. The Hirer will be subject to all conditions on signing these Terms below. The Trustees cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, injury or loss to any person(s) or their possessions however caused.
16. The Hirer agrees to comply with UK law in regards to safeguarding for both Children and Vulnerable Adults and acknowledges that safeguarding is the responsibility of the Hirer.